Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms all allow you to create live videos. The time people spend watching Facebook Live videos has quadrupled in the past year and generate more engagement than pre-recorded videos.
Around one in five videos on Facebook is a Live video and across all social media channels Live video is expected to grow 15-fold by 2022, making up around 17% of all internet traffic.
So how do you incorporate Live videos into your social media campaign?
Some ideas to get you started:
- You can use Live video to share an announcement that keeps your community informed
- Hold Q&As with your followers
- Share how you’re feeling about something and add real time tips and advice
- Raise money for a cause that’s close to your community
Best practices to bear in mind:
1. Make it conversational
2. Keep your setup casual. Making an overly stuffy or businesslike video won’t cut through and will potentially jar with the context
3. Consider using a microphone to improve audio quality
4. Aim to live stream for at least 15 minutes or longer, so that your audience has time to tune in
If you are looking for a way to authentically engage with your community, and in real time, look no further than Live video. With Live video, your community can ask questions, comment, react or just follow along at the same time.